The Hip-Hop Education Education Center has catalyzed measurable impact:
- Gathered over 1,500 thought leaders from around 15 countries to come together to participate in our Think Tanks.
- Convened 200 collectors and institutions for our symposia dedicated to archiving & preserving Hip-Hop culture.
- Cultivated dozens of scholars & fellows who are thriving and leading successful careers.
- Worked with 52 schools in the U.S. and abroad offering middle & high school students workshops, speaker series, and internships.
- Hosted over 150 international artists and scholars through our collaboration with the State Department, UNESCO, and the Next level Hip-Hop Diplomacy program.
- Produced 4 field reports informing researchers, practitioners, & policymakers.
- Received an award for best innovative organization by Words, Beats & Life.
- Collected 440 media items archived at the Schomburg Center for Research and Black Culture.
- Curated special Hip-Hop centered programs for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences, Museum of the Moving Image, and Lincoln Center.